Apparently, uninterrupted sleep is not in the cards for tonight. What's a knitter to do but blog? (To Whom It May Concern: No, this is not the six weird things meme. I promised, and it's coming. It'd just be a little too weird if I posted it now - trust me).
Knit? Nope! I finished two projects tonight! Shifting sands, and the weaving in for the Western Shooting Stockings, which I left until my dad tried them on and approved. The socks I have on the needles are in a tricky spot and best left until morning. As is figuring out how to redesign my blog, apparently. Adding buttons to the sidebar has never been so trying. If anyone out there can help me with that, I'd be much obliged.
On to the next thing. I signed up for the Knitter's Treat Exchange! There's a few days left to sign up, if you're interested. This is my first knitting-related exchange and I'm curious to see if it's anything like the gardening exchanges I've done before.
The other cure for the blahs, courtesy of the lovely Marion.
Knitters Treat Exchange Questionnaire
1. What's your favourite type of yarn? If I had to pick, it'd probably be a wool - merino, maybe, but I love even the scratchiest. I love the colours of Sundara and Yarn Pirate and Sweet Georgia and Yarntini, though solids & "subtle solids" are more my thing than lots of stripes. I love Noro, but I really like support small yarn companies. I'm a DIY sort of gal, and I admire that kind of stepping into your craft.
2. What's your least favourite type of yarn? Fun fur. I'm not a yarn snob, but most synthetic novelty yarns are not on my list.
3. What's the first thing you do when you visit a new yarn shop? Say hello to whoever's working and ask about local yarn. Then I go touch all the yarns, probably more than once. I'm a girl who loves texture :).
4. What other crafts do you do / would like to do? I write, sew, spin, garden, quilt, embroider, weave, bake & cook, dye, bead, crochet, make paper, and design things (furniture, stationery, clothing, etc.) I like welding and woodworking, but haven't done either in years and years.
5. What magazines do you currently subscribe to? Domino, Sunset, Interview, Everyday Food, Interweave Knits and Lucky.
6. Put this type of magazine in order of preference:
Knitting / Crochet / Other Craft / Food / Home / Fashion / Celebrity Gossip / Garden Ok! Food, Home, Fashion, Knitting, Garden, Other Craft, Crochet, Celebrity, Gossip.
7. What items do you like to knit / crochet? Knit: Socks, sweaters, blankets, handbags, scarves, coats, hats, pillow covers, toys...
Crochet: Blankets, toys, pillow covers, and scarves.
8. Are you allergic to anything? Cigarette smoke. Air freshener, like Febreze and Glade and whatever they put in the bathrooms at work. Also, whatever is usually put on dryer sheets and in laundry detergent. (Aren't I fun? All of my clothing is washed with hippie-style Seventh Generation soap and fabric softener, and my house is scented by essential oils and candles. A pain, but I like being rash-free.)
9. What do you like to* smell of?
(*This is not a typo. The question is: What do you like to smell of) Good lavender (like how the flowers smell in the sun), basil, lime. Cinnamon or nutmeg or cloves. Rosemary.
10. What's your favourite way to relax? A long, hot bath with tea and knitting. Alas, I have no bathtub in my tiny flat! So, I go out for a mini-picnic, still with tea and knitting. Or I'll stay at home, light some candles and dance - I leave the knitting out for this one.
11. You're stood in front of a Victorian style sweetshop, an Italian cafe, an old fashioned bakery and a dainty tea room. Where do you go first? The bakery!
12. What do you come out with? A loaf of good brown bread, six croissants and a layer cake, all wrapped up for home. Flour in my hair, too, because I probably went to the back to say hello to the bakers.
13. Where do you go next? The tea room for afternoon tea (oh how I love tea sandwiches!), and then over to the sweetshop for divinity. I go to the cafe last, to get a coffee for the taxi driver and hot chocolate for myself for the ride home. I go to them all, however - who could resist?
14. Any other words of wisdom for your pal? My favourite colour is blue, all shades. I read like mad. I love postcards. Bellydance? Burlesque? Singing? Chemistry? Vintage loveliness? All good things. Bell peppers, not so much.